Join DJ Purple and friends for the ZOOMAROKE online karaoke party! Thursday, Friday & Saturday, 9pm-1am (Pacific time) plus the Friday “Early Show”, 5pm-8pm (Pacific time) Contact us about private event bookings!
ZOOMAROKE Singing Instructions!
The tools you’ll need:
1 phone with Zoom app installed
1 computer (not a tablet) with Zoom app installed
Are you a “visual person”? Try our new VIDEO TUTORIAL! (Thanks Mo!)
1) On your computer, join the main ZOOMAROKE session: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82710554097
Zoom Meeting ID 827-1055-4097
2) Watch the Zoom chat for a welcome message, which will include the secret Zoom Meeting ID for your phone. Enter this ID into the Zoom app on your phone to join the “Microphone Room.” Your phone will stay in the waiting room here until your turn to sing.
3) Open a new window in your computer’s browser, and go to:
The Play/Pause button and the volume slider will appear in the bottom left corner of the music & lyrics window when you move your mouse pointer there. Drag the volume slider to maximum, then click the Pause button to pause your stream:
4) Adjust the size and position of your windows so you can see both the music & lyrics window and the audience on Zoom at the same time. (Note: don’t use the lyrics window on Zoom when you sing – the timing will be off)
5) Choose your song from the DJ Purple Dance Karaoke songbook
“Dance Karaoke” means all the songs in our book are lively, designed to get people dancing while you sing! If you don’t find a common song listed, we probably found through experience that it didn’t inspire dancing at our show. Please pick another song from the book!
6) When it’s your turn to sing, DJ Purple will admit your phone from the waiting room to the “Live” room. Click on “Call using Internet Audio” when prompted, then proceed to Step 7. (***Don’t continue to Step 7 until you’ve completed Step 6!***)
7) This is the hardest step!
a) Look at the bottom left corner of the Zoom window on your computer
b) Click on the tiny arrow (caret) symbol “^” next to the Mute button.
*Don’t click on the Mute button, just the tiny arrow next to it!*
c) A pop-up menu will appear – click on “Leave Computer Audio” – which is the second-to-last choice on the menu.
8) In your music & lyrics window, click the Play button to activate the stream. Listen for DJ Purple to say, “Count with me now…” and then say together with him, out loud, at the same time as he says it, “5, 4, 3, 2, 1!”
9) NOW SING! Hold your phone close to your mouth, like a microphone! Read the lyrics in the lyrics player window, and watch your audience in the Zoom window! *Don’t read the lyrics in the Zoom window – the timing will be wrong!
10) Finally, right after you sing your last note – don’t wait for the music to finish! Do this right away:
a) Go to your computer’s Zoom meeting window, look in the bottom left corner, and click on the headphone icon labeled “Join Audio”:
b) Another window will pop up – click on “Join With Computer Audio”
You did it! Relax and enjoy the cheering from your fellow ZOOMAROKERS!
After you come down from the adrenaline, it’s time to learn how to support other singers and tips for sounding better! But we’ll save that for ZOOMAROKE! Online Karaoke Party, PART 2!.