Join DJ Purple and friends for the ZOOMAROKE online karaoke party!
Thursday, Friday & Saturday, 9pm-1am (Pacific time)
Friday “Early Show”, 5pm-8pm (Pacific time)
Here’s the Zoom link and meeting ID:
Meeting ID: 827 1055 4097
DJ Purple Zoomaroke Singing Instructions!
The tools you’ll need:
1 computer (not a tablet) with Zoom app installed
1) On your computer, join the main ZOOMAROKE session: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82710554097
Zoom Meeting ID 827-1055-4097
2) Watch the Zoom chat for a welcome message, which will include the Google Voice phone number you’ll need for singing. Save this number – you’ll be calling it later when it’s your turn to sing.
3) Open a new window in your browser, and go to Twitch.tv/djpurplekaraoke
The Play/Pause button appears in the bottom left corner of the Twitch player window when you move your mouse pointer over it:
Click the Pause button to pause your stream.
4) Adjust the size and position of your windows so you can see the lyrics window on Twitch and the audience on Zoom at the same time:
5) Choose your song from the DJ Purple Dance Karaoke songbook
“Dance Karaoke” means all the songs in our book are lively, designed to get people dancing while you sing! If you don’t find a common song listed, we probably found through experience that it didn’t inspire dancing at our show. Please pick another song from the book!
6) When it’s your turn to sing, DJ Purple will ask you for your song choice. Then use your phone to call the Google Voice phone number from Step 2. ***Don’t continue to Step 7 until you’ve reached DJ Purple on the phone!
7) This is the hardest step!
a) Look at the bottom left corner of the Zoom window on your computer
b) Click on the tiny arrow symbol “^” next to the Mute button
c) A pop-up menu will appear – click on “Leave Computer Audio” – the second-to-last choice on the menu.
8) In your Twitch window, click the Play button to activate your stream. Listen for DJ Purple to say, “Count with me now…” and then say together with him, out loud, at the exact same time as he says it, “5, 4, 3, 2, 1!”
9) NOW SING! Hold your phone close to your mouth, like a microphone! Read the lyrics in the Twitch window, and watch your audience in the Zoom window! *Don’t look at the lyrics in the Zoom window!
10) Finally, right after you sing your last note – don’t wait for the music to finish! Do this right away:
a) Go to your computer’s Zoom session window and click on the headphone icon labeled “Join Audio” in the bottom left corner:
b) Another window will pop up – click on “Join With Computer Audio”
You did it! Relax and enjoy the cheering from your fellow ZOOMAROKERS!
After you come down from the adrenaline, it’s time to learn a few more details about how to enjoy the show, support other singers, help the show run faster, and make your microphone sound even better! But we’ll save that for ZOOMAROKE! Online Karaoke Party, PART 2!.