Join DJ Purple and friends every weekend for ZOOMAROKE!
Friday & Saturday, 9pm-1am Pacific time!
Plus an early “East Coast” session Friday, 8pm-11pm, Eastern!
Here’s the Zoom link and meeting ID:
Meeting ID: 827 1055 4097
DJ Purple Zoomaroke Singing Instructions!
The tools you’ll need:
1 phone with the Zoom app installed
1 computer (not a tablet) with Zoom app installed
1) Join the Zoom meeting with your computer: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82710554097
2) Open a new window in your browser, and go to Twitch.tv/djpurplekaraoke
The Play/Pause button appears in the bottom left corner of the Twitch player window when you move your mouse pointer over it:
Click the Pause button to pause your stream.
3) Adjust the size and position of your windows so you can see the lyrics window on Twitch and the audience on Zoom at the same time:
4) Choose your song from the DJ Purple Dance Karaoke songbook
“Dance Karaoke” means all the songs in our book are lively, designed to get people dancing while you sing! If you don’t find a common song listed, we probably found through experience that it didn’t inspire dancing at our show. Please pick another song from the book!
5) When DJ Purple tells you it’s your turn to sing, join the Zoom session with your phone. The Zoom Meeting ID is 827-1055-4097
6) Your phone will receive an invitation to join the “Live!” breakout room. Tap “Join” to accept the invitation.
7) Then “Leave Audio” on your computer:
a) Look at the bottom left corner of your Zoom session window
b) *Don’t click the Mute button!* It’s almost irresistible, but don’t!
c) Click on the tiny arrow symbol “^” next to the Mute button
d) A pop-up menu will appear – click on “Leave Computer Audio” – the second-to-last choice on the menu
8) In your Twitch window, click the Play button to start your stream. Listen for DJ Purple to say, “Say it with me now…” and then say together with him, loud and clear, at the exact same time as he says it, “1, 2, 3, Go!”
9) NOW SING! Hold your phone close to your mouth, like a microphone! Read the lyrics in the Twitch window, and watch your audience in the Zoom window! *Don’t look at the lyrics in the Zoom window!
10) Finally, immediately after you sing your last note – don’t wait for the music to finish! Do this right away:
a) Go to your computer’s Zoom session window and click on the headphone icon labeled “Join Audio” in the bottom left corner:
b) Another window will pop up – click on “Join With Computer Audio”
You did it! Relax and enjoy the cheering from your fellow ZOOMAROKERS!
After you come down from the adrenaline, it’s time to pick up the loose ends and deal with that awful squealing feedback coming from your phone. But we’ll save that for ZOOMAROKE PART 2! When you’re ready for more…